Friday, April 19, 2013

Word games

As far back as I can remember, I have always been a fan of word games. I loved word searches and crossword puzzles. When we would go on trips, I always asked my teachers if they had any so I could take them on the trip with me. They obliged. I also loved spelling. I always got A's in spelling.

A lot of times, things you used to enjoy in school when you were little, become less fun. Math, science, even reading becomes less fun and more work. I promise this isn't pointless writing.

I remember when I got the iPhone, I was so excited to get all of the different apps. I would have Facebook, Pinterest, and email at my fingertips at all times. But, there were all of the game apps as well. I found a few that I liked, but I found myself searching for word games and other puzzle type games. I even started looking for educational ones like naming all of the bones in the body, an ACT practice app, and learning Spanish.

I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying word games and puzzles. I also don't think I'll ever stop trying to learn. My grandma always has a newspaper crossword puzzle she's working on. I have no doubt that has helped her keep her brain active and young. Sure mindless games are fun every once in a while, but it took me a long time to develop this brain, and I intend on keeping it as long as possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment