Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dead week

Anyone who has spent any time in Rexburg knows how jam packed it is with students. It's a small town of approximately 25,000 people with students making up about 23,000 (throughout the year). But there are few times where the city feels dead. Right now is one of those dead weeks.

In between semesters all of the students head home for a week and the few stragglers that are left behind feel the emptiness. I've never actually been through one of these before. I was one of those students that the second I was done with finals I was on the road. Now that I'm no longer a student and I'm working full time, I now experience dead weeks. It's almost eerie how quiet it seems.

On the positive side of things, I can go grocery shopping and have stuff there when I go, the movie line will probably be nonexistent and I don't have to worry about hitting a random pedestrian that didn't think to look while crossing the road.

You know, dead week may not be that bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment