Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

This weekend Ethan and I decided we were going to go out of town for the weekend. There was a BYU lacrosse game we wanted to check out, as well as the Festival of Colors down in Spanish Fork. After we got off work and school we drove down to Logan, UT to stay with our friends Brennan and Austin. I never really realize how much I miss them until we hang out with them. I spent my time loving on little Lainey until it was her bed time and then the real party started. Ethan and Austin spent the night talking about guns and other manly stuff while Brennan put her skills to work and she did my makeup all sorts of fancy like. We somehow managed to not get pictures of that, no surprise. 

The next morning, we decided that we were going to skip the Festival of Colors and spend more time with them. (We were both happy with that decision). Brennan had a hair and makeup appointment for a little girl who was needing head shots. I watched her work her magic and it was so fun to see that little girl transform from shy to sassy and adorable. She loved the attention and how she looked. It was precious. 

We all went out to lunch to Rumbi's Island Grill (fantastic by the way) and then we had to head down to Provo for the game. We got there a bit late but it was a great game. BYU was playing Colorado and it truly came down to the last two minutes of the game. BYU ended up losing by two points but it was definitely a battle the whole game. 

After the game we met up with Ethan's old summer sales manager, Gordon and his family, at Bajios. His little boys were adorable. Their little boy Camden who was probably 14 months old, had the longest eyelashes I have ever seen. It even beats some fake eyelashes I've seen on people. Gordon and his wife were great and we wished that we would have had more time with them.

Later that night, we went shopping at some strip malls and got a few pairs of shoes and then headed to Walmart to pick up our Easter basket. Since it was Easter, I allowed myself to have some treats this weekend, and I'm proud to say I didn't go overboard! But we decided to do a combined basket for both of us because we both knew he'd probably eat more than me and I didn't want leftover candy. 

I wasn't feeling so hot at dinner so I didn't eat much, so we also stopped by McDonald's to pick up a delicious strawberry banana smoothie. It was just what I needed.
This was our loot. Not a ton, but it was delicious. My main basket filler: Mini Eggs. Honestly, if you've never had them, go get a bag, right now before they're gone for another year. You won't regret it. 

What's even better? We got the last bag in the entire store. They put every single Easter item in one place. Things were in boxes, on shelves and even in carts. Those little eggs were nowhere to be seen. I thought for sure I was out of luck until Ethan was going through one of the carts and BAM! There they were in all of their glory. I was beaming with excitement.

Sunday morning we went with Gordon and his family to church. One of Ethan's friends that he went selling with also met us there. It was fun to meet him and his new fiance`. I definitely don't envy them. He's headed out to South Carolina for the summer and she'll be in Utah. All we could say was stay strong because it's no fun being apart.

We got some lunch and then we were on our way back to Rexburg. We made fantastic time. So fantastic that we even had some time to go to the park near our house and bask in the sun for a couple hours and take some pictures.


It was an awesome weekend and we both decided that we need more little trips like this.

2 comments:

  1. your hair is so long and gorgeous! Good job on your good eating! I hope we get to see you guys at the end of the semester, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the Cadbury eggs! I wasn't able to find any this year...tear... You better watch Ethan with that bubble tape stuff, it almost killed him once already! Looks like you guys had a great Easter. Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete