This tower was just the bite size Costco brownies and I designed little arrow tags that I attached to a toothpick and stuck them in.
Because I didn't want to do the cake smash at his party, I made a Rice Krispies cake and covered it in marshmallow fondant. A little note, don't expect your fondant to look smooth at all when covering Rice Krispies! But, I used a little icing to help cover up imperfections and I actually really loved how it turned out!
For the decorations, my sister-in-law Jessica found a chevron template on her Silhouette cutter. We decided to use it to make arrow garland. I just looked through Sarah's scrap paper and found some that went with the color scheme. She cut them and sewed them together and it worked out so well! She also cut two 3D teepees that were also on the Silhouette, but I forgot to get a picture of those dang it! The table runner was some fabric I bought months ago that I had planned on making into crib sheets. Luckily for the party, I hadn't gotten to it yet so I was able to use it!
My absolute favorite decoration though, hands down, was the teepee I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I've wanted one of these since deciding his room theme, but I just never wanted to spend the money on them. While I was walking through Hobby Lobby, picking up some last minute things for the party, I looked up, and there in all its glory was this adorable chevron teepee in gray and white. It was perfect! I had a 40% off coupon which made it even sweeter!
Strung around the of the room was a tassel garland I made out of tissue paper and and then lined with pictures from every month of Nixon's 1st year. I loved seeing how he's grown! Although, it was hard to find a picture after he turned four months without his big toothless, open-mouth grin!
I knew I wanted Nixon to wear something in the theme, so I came up with this design for his onesie. Rylee was in charge of actually making it. We printed the design on freezer paper, she then cut it out using an Exacto knife. After it was all cut out, she ironed it on to the onesie, sponged on the paint and let it dry. It turned out exactly how I wanted!