Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Day

Our Easter was just how I imagined it: low key, spending time with family, and hearing the amazing talks from general conference. Living in the East, means conference doesn't start until noon! That left a lot of time in the morning for Easter baskets, breakfast, and lounging.

I'm not going to lie when I say I probably had the best Easter basket! First, Ethan tied mine to a string and made me go through the whole main level of the house to find it.
Ethan and Nixon got their baskets as well! Nixon was uber excited for a couple of the balls in his basket (that, crazy enough, he's played with before... he's young enough he'll never know). 
The loot!
After the basket festivities, I made some pancakes and we enjoyed a nice breakfast all together. We put Nixon down for a nap, and put conference on while I made some colorful deviled eggs (I'll post those later). It's always amazing listening to the prophets and apostles and getting spiritually filled!

I made sure to get some Easter pictures of Nixon, which make my heart melt every time I see them. I had a really hard time narrowing them down. I decided maybe it's ok to have a couple of pictures, even if they're similar poses because he was so dang cute during the whole thing!
After pictures, we headed over to Ethan's sister Jessica and Eric's house for a delicious dinner. It was fun to spend time with them again, eat yummy food, and play a mob card game (which I ended up winning)! 

Ethan and I ended the night with reading the three gospel accounts of the resurrection. I am so thankful for my Savior who made it possible for us to live again and for me to be with my family for time and eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment