Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring cleaning

Here in Rexburg there's a shortage of spring. That doesn't mean that there isn't spring cleaning to be had. Ethan was such a trooper this weekend with me. After being out of town and spring break, our house was a bit of a natural disaster. When that happens I go into cleaning mode-6 hours to be exact. There was no stopping me.

One of the hardest things about having a townhome is the amount of space that can get messy. We keep the downstairs fairly presentable in case people come over, but the upstairs? Not so much. That is where our room, the guest room and our bathroom is. We don't spend a lot of time there so it tends to get neglected. That's why I decided that's where we were going to start.

We deep cleaned all of the rooms and then worked our way down the stairs (while vacuuming them) and then landed in the living room, kitchen and 2nd bathroom. We finally got our new table, that we bought off craigslist for $55, set up with completely changed the entire room. We've been using a little card table we inherited from a family, and I was thrilled when I finally found this one. It was perfect.

I'm happy to report that our house has remained completely clean! (Yes, I realize it's been one day, but there's not even a utensil in the sink!) I have grand plans to keep the house a little bit more manageable so I'm making a weekly cleaning checklist to make it easier to clean when a wind storm of clutter comes into our house.

I really should just hire my sister-in-law Jandi to come clean our house because her house is always in deep-cleaned stage but I guess I'll have to settle for my elementary cleaning practices. We're definitely enjoying a clean and orderly home, me maybe more than Ethan. I just need to keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment