Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pepperplate

There's this new app/website that my sister introduced to me and I am in love! For a couple weeks now I've been trying to convince myself I need to start cooking again. I eat more healthy when I don't cook, but poor Ethan, he needs some help. Frozen dinners are his go-to and that needs to stop.

It's called Pepperplate.
This site allows you to input recipes from certain websites (but not Pinterest, seriously?) or manually put in recipes. You can add categories to each which makes it nice if you're feeling, say chicken, and want to make a meal with that. The coolest feature in my mind is it has a function that you can change the amount that you want to make, whether it be cutting it in half or doubling the recipe, it allows you to modify it to your liking.

Another feature that it has is meal planning and a shopping list. You put in the meals that you want to have for that week, and it will generate a list of everything that you will need for that recipe. If you already have some of the ingredients, you can check the box, and as you go through the store you can also check it to know that you've gotten everything. 

I have already put a ton of my recipes that I have in there and have a lot more to do. Go check it out! Get your friends on it too, because they also make it easy to share recipes once they're on there. It's a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment