Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Invited

I don't know if I've mentioned before or not, but I don't really have friends in our ward here. I have my basketball friends that I see once or twice a week, but we don't really communicate outside of basketball. And I have friends,  they just don't live in Rexburg. So this past Sunday I sat by a girl in my ward whom I've always wanted to be friends with, but she had "other" friends (other = friends with kids like her). Is it just me or do I seriously sounds like I'm in elementary school again? Great. But we talked and had a good time.

Ethan is actually her family's home teacher and so I asked him if we could go together to go visit them; He'd be able to get his visiting teaching done and we could hang out for a bit. My plan worked! We visited with a plate of delicious cookies and chatted for a good 45 minutes or so. We all talked about how we should all do something together and I was so excited to finally have at least one friend in my ward!

Fast forward to yesterday, her best friend stopped by and brought me this little gem:
I know it may not seem that exciting, but I was so grateful for that invitation. Who knows, maybe she had planned on inviting me before Sunday, maybe not. Either way, I'm finally stepping outside of my comfort zone and it's paying off!

No comments:

Post a Comment