Monday, May 20, 2013

Finding a place

I feel that I can honestly say that I'm finally finding my place here. This weekend I had the baby shower that I went to that was so fun. There weren't many girls there but they were all from our ward and I got to know them a little bit. I was 1 of 2 girls out of 7 that wasn't pregnant, but it was fun to hear all of their stories. I enjoy listening to other's experiences because it gives me little hints as to what I may be able to expect when the time comes for me!

We then went over to that same girls house last night to play Apples to Apples with her and her husband. We seriously played that game for hours! We talked, laughed, yelled and did pretty much everything you shouldn't do when there's a little two-year-old sleeping right about you. Luckily, it didn't phase him a bit and we had a great time.

It's amazing how just that one friendship can change almost everything. I couldn't wait to get out of this ward. I was looking at other places, since ours is up for sale now, but now, I'm frantically looking to stay in our same complex so I don't have to do this all over again. I finally feel like I'm belonging in this ward.

I suppose whether we leave or stay, this has been a learning opportunity for me. And, although I would never want to go through it again, it's made me more aware of how much I rely on friendships and how much they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment