Friday, May 3, 2013

Not perfect

Life is not perfect. It was never intended to be and it never will be (in this life). Trials are going to come and you may think you will never get through it, but you do. This life is about failing over and over again, then growing and learning from your shortcomings and becoming whom the Lord intended you to become.

As cliche` as it sounds, life is a marathon not a sprint. if I look at that example and apply it literally, doing a sprint takes virtually nothing for me. There's no training which usually results in no growth--no development. Sure I may be winded afterwards but it passes quickly. I look at marathons and think to myself, "I'd never do one of those." I have seen and heard of people training for marathons and they talk about the pain and time and discouragement they go through, but when they finally finish, they see all of those things pay off.

We may enjoy doing "sprints" over "marathons, but the fulfillment that comes from enduring all of the pain and trials until the end, makes finishing that much more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment