Thursday, May 2, 2013

Becoming dependent

I'm a fairly independent person. I've never been much of a homebody and I'm not afraid to jump at opportunities. Being independent isn't always a good thing. Even when I'm in dire need, I won't always ask for help. It seems as though sometimes no one can help me, not even myself. I came across this quote and it made me take a step back and check myself.
I've never been very diligent in saying my prayers or reading my scriptures. I have spurts of greatness and then I fall out of routine. This has probably been one of the hardest things for me to do is depend on the Lord. Maybe I do it more than I think and I just try and give myself the credit for what I'm doing, I don't really know. But I'm someone that wants control in my life and given up that control and depending on the Lord is hard.

I feel I'm at a point in my life that something needs to change. I need a change. I need to be better--be more. I need to let go of the control I desire so much and put it into the hands of someone that knows what they're doing. I need to not only trust in the Lord, but depend on Him.

1 comment: