Monday, March 11, 2013

Social weekend

This weekend was strangely social for us. We usually hang out with our friends once during the weekend and then spend the rest of the time hanging out with each other. Not this weekend!

Friday: We had a team dinner at our assistant coaches house. We did a taco bar and had a good time getting to know each other a little bit better outside of basketball. Ethan really liked our assistant coach's husband and we've decided we need to do a few more things with them! After dinner we went with Cameron and Hannah to see Oz: The Great and Powerful. I loved it! I'm  totally Oz fan from the original Wizard of Oz to Wicked, (the Broadway show about how the Wicked Witch of the West became wicked). I was a little skeptical of James Franco, but he did a great job and it was PG! Nothing is PG anymore unless it's animated!

Saturday: I had a game in the early afternoon, which we won, and then I finally got to see Brennan, Austin and little Lainey. She was as precious as ever. I could tell Brennan was exhausted so I told her to go upstairs and take a nap and I would watch Lainey. She melted my heart and made me miss being able to hold little babies all the time. We got her to sleep and headed to Wingers for some dinner. We had a great time catching up and all spending time together. (We're not-so-secretly trying to get them to move up here so we can all be friends and do stuff together all the time). Thanks for visiting B and Austin, we miss you guys already!

Sunday: We headed to church for the money. When we got back, Ethan went upstairs to take a nap and I spent my time catching up on Hart of Dixie. Talk about twists in the second season. I cannot wait for the new episodes coming up! Then we headed to dinner at Ethan's home teaching companion. They had a couple other families over and we had a great time talking and getting to know each other a bit better.

We had a great time this entire weekend, and it was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment