Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Greasy hair

For the past couple days or so I've been a bit obsessed with trying to get my hair feeling good again. Ethan and I have had a couple marathon days and while we are watching or movies, I will sit with a pair of scissors and cut off every split end I see. I'm doing it because I want my hair to be silky again without have to cut off another two inches. It's hard to get your hair to grow with every couple months you have to cut off a couple inches to get rid of the dead ends, but you in turn just cut off everything that you've just grown as well. It's a vicious circle.

It was actually starting to feel a lot better and I was happy I was getting the results I was hoping for. Then last night I decided that I was going to try coconut oil in my hair. I have seen it all over Pinterest that it's supposed to be great for your hair. We got a HUGE thing of it for our wedding so I thought, why not, I'll try it. I put just a little bit of it in the palm of my hands and melted it to a liquid oil so I could run it through my hair. It definitely did not go on silky smooth like my Biosilk serum. I put just the smallest amount more into my hair and then realized I couldn't handle how it felt so I used a TINY bit of my Biosilk to even it out. 

I was going to the gym to tan and it was pretty cold outside. I ran my fingers through my hair and it felt like straw, almost like I had put moose in it. I thought it was just the cold freezing my hair so I didn't think much about it. I got back home and looked at my hair in the mirror. It was disgusting. I tried to curl it to see if that would maybe get rid of some of the oil. It curled great, but it looked like a greasy mess. 

I couldn't handle it anymore, so I went back to the tub to wash it all out. My hair is a bit more frizzy than it usually is because I washed and dried it twice, but I'll take frizz over grease any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment