Friday, March 22, 2013

Day two of spring

Many people look forward to spring. The sun is shining, flowers start to bloom and everyone starts to look less pale and a bit more sun-kissed. I think the yearning for spring is even stronger here in east Idaho. The winters are frigid and drawn out. In all reality, out hear, winter starts in October and ends in April or May.

Luckily for us, because the weather is so wacky here, we start to get a glimpse of spring in March. Other than a random rain/hail/storm this past week it has been quite enjoyable. The temperatures get around 40-50 degrees with sun shining (yes, that feels warm to us right now). That was, until last night.

Our ward had a temple trip that we went to at 7:00 pm. The weather was decent when we went. As we drove to the temple, Ethan asked if I thought the snow was over for the season. The base layer of snow has mostly melted so there is just a small amount of snow around. I told him there was no way it could be over yet, and he responded that even if it did snow, it probably wasn't going to be any amount that would stick.

Fast forward two hours. We get done and are walking out the doors when all of a sudden we see a good four inches of snow!! I knew the beautiful weather couldn't last forever. The flakes were huge and we looked like snowmen by the time we got into the car.

To make matters worse, to celebrate my month of no treats I wanted to go get the smallest amount Irish Mint frozen yogurt from Maverick (they have it because of St. Patrick's Day). I have waited the whole month and they have had it advertised on their reader boards for weeks! We go in, and to my dismay, all that's there is chocolate and vanilla. Seriously? I mean come on, give a girl a break! They called in to the other store and they didn't have it either. Can I sue for false advertisement? They'd probably claim puffery. The nerve of some people.

I left annoyed and vowed to never trust a reader board advertisement from them ever again! We drove home and I had three M&M's to soothe my sadness. I guess it worked well enough. I just hope that "spring" isn't this disappointing all season!

*On a positive note, I ordered Moroccanoil for my hair yesterday and am so excited to start using it and have silky hair again!

No comments:

Post a Comment