Friday, March 15, 2013

Good intentions

After this post I was determined to have pictures up on my blog. I had every intention of getting outside when the light was great and to get some really good shots. I got home from work yesterday pulled out my camera and when outside to shoot some pictures. Like I mentioned before I don't have the cute subjects that everyone else uses so I had to improvise. A skeletal tree and some houses were all I had to work with, and I did. Unfortunately, they turned out awful. I was half-tempted to put up the crappy shots and say, "This is why you will rarely see any photos on my blog." People make photography (in manual mode) look so easy. It is so not easy. I changed the aperture and the f-stop. Ethan came so so I added him into the mix. Then the ISO, back to the aperture, back to ISO, back to f-stop. Fail. I switched it to automatic and the picture was still awful. In my defense, by that time the sun was setting and heaven knows I'm not about to get a good shot without decent light if I couldn't get one with decent light. By that time I gave up and went inside.

Ethan and I went to Idaho Falls to get some grocery shopping done but not before we hit up Panda Express for dinner. I'm pretty sure every time we go there we ask ourselves why it's so good. We'll never know I suppose. I opened up my fortune cookie in hopes it would tell me I would soon become a exposure master. Too much hope? Well, it didn't. I don't even remember what it said to be honest.

We came home and brought the food in. My camera was sitting there on the table just looking at me. We're not done. I will learn to master that thing if it's the last thing I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment