Thursday, March 28, 2013

Noodles and breadsticks

Let's be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of cooking. Well, I like it, but I don't like the time it takes and the cleanup. Because of that, Ethan and I tend to grab whatever it is we can find for dinner and we're good to go. I've been feeling guilty that I haven't lived up to my wife duties (well.. kind of, not completely) so I decided we would try a new meal that said was 30 minutes or less.

I was searching through my sister-in-law's cooking blog here and found the perfect recipe. She called it "Spicy Garlic Noodles & The Fastest Breadsticks in the World" and by golly it was good! No, I don't have pictures big surprise. I just have to insert here that I've never been one to think, "Wow, this looks awesome, I should take a picture!" No. I'm too busy getting the food on my plate and shoveling it in. I'll try better to take food pictures if I'm going to post about food. 

The recipe:

Spicy Garlic Noodles
7 oz of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
3 garlic cloves, minced (or jarred garlic)
1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup Olive Oil (next time I'll cut that down a bit)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Parmesan cheese

Boil the noodles to al dente and drain. Add the garlic, red pepper, olive oil and top it off with the Parmesan cheese as you'd like. If you still think it needs a bit more, add some more salt to taste.

The Fastest Breadsticks In The World (no yeast, no rise, no knead- Delicious!)
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
rosemary or italian seasoning
garlic powder (I left this out just because of the garlic in the pasta)
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Throw everything into a bowl and mix together (if the dough is too sticky, add more flour, it shouldn't be sticky at all)
Once mixed, flour your counter and roll the dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. With a pizza cutter, slice the breadsticks as thick or thin as you'd like. Set the breadsticks on a parchment lined baking pan, then drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary or italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Pop in the oven for about 7-9 minutes, or until they are light golden

This is seriously going to happen again, it was delicious. Thanks again for the help Shannon!


No comments:

Post a Comment