Thursday, June 27, 2013

Waterlogged

I've never been very good at drinking enough water in a day. I know how much to drink and I've had multiple nutrition classes emphasizing the importance of it as well, but it's hard for me to get the recommended amount for a couple reasons.

1. I don't think about it. I'm at a desk most of the day, in a decently cool office. I'm not ever hot, so I feel its a lot easier to forget you need water. When I'm in the desert, I want water, but when I'm someone chilled, water is the last thing on my mind. I even have a water bottle on my desk at all times. But most of the time the water sits so long that I have to go get new water, and then forget to drink it again.

2. I can't consume a lot of liquid. I don't know what it is, but even when I do drink water, it's not like I'm downing a big glass. I get about 1/2 a cup full and sometimes don't even drink all of that. I very rarely drink with meals either. Whenever we go out to eat, I'll drink a little bit, but I don't think I ever really get a refill. Sometimes they top it off just because they have it, but I never need a refill.

Because I'm terrible at getting enough water, I've been determined to try and be better. So, for the past couple weeks I have really tried to drink at least one 20 oz water bottle a day (yes, I'm still have 40 oz away from getting the daily recommended but it's a start). It's difficult for me too, mostly because of #2. I don't think I have felt this waterlogged since high school soccer when our coach forced us to drink water during two-a-days.

I can also see why it's good to drink water if you're trying to lose weight. By the time I go to lunch at 2:15, I'm so full from water, I can barely get through my lunch (which isn't a whole lot either!). I'm hoping the the more I drink, the more my body will be able to take in. I'm all for healthy weight and skin and if water can help, I'll sure try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment