Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Just like I have two amazing mother's now that I'm married, I'm lucky enough to have two fathers as well. And with this past weekend being Father's Day, I wanted to share just a few things about the amazing fathers in my life. 

Ethan's dad Dwayne
Dwayne is one of the most loving people I know. I remember the first time I went out to meet them, he gave me a hug and made me feel like I was already a member of the family. I remember thinking to myself, I could definitely see him as my father-in-law. Luckily it worked out!

He, along with Sarah, also taught Ethan how to work hard. I swear, that kid will work until he's dead and I know it comes from the example that his own father set. Dwayne likes to get things done and he gets them done fast. He also loves his family and I have seen it may times. He does anything and everything he can for his family and I'm so thankful for that example he has set Ethan and the rest of his children. 

I'm lucky to have him as a father-in-law and I can't wait to get to know him even better. 

My dad Curt
What is there to say about my Dad? Too much to be honest. My dad is one of the best men that I know. He is strong in gospel and has made it a priority to teach and raise his family in it's teachings. My dad set such an example of what a husband/father should be, that I made sure that I wasn't going to cut myself short. I knew it was going to take an extraordinary man to live up to the expectation that I had because of my own dad.

One of my favorite things about him is his testimony of the gospel. I never had any doubt that his knew the church was true, and because of his testimony, I had a strong testimony to build my own on. I'm so grateful for him being worthy to hold the priesthood and that I knew at any moment, if I needed it, I could ask him for a blessing and he would be able to.

My dad is also one of the most giving people I know. He has helped so many people with whatever they needed. It didn't matter if it was help on a house, a ride to a doctors appointment or even just someone to talk to. He was there at their disposal and I have seen so many people blessed because of his willingness to serve others.

In all honesty, we are complete opposites and we bump heads a lot, but there is no one else I would have chosen over him. He loves his family and I can see how much we mean to him. I never would have thought growing up that I would become so close to him. Now, more than ever, when we say our goodbyes, I have to hold back tears because I miss being around him. I love him more than anything and am so grateful he is my dad.

I don't know what I did to be blessed with not one, but two amazing dads, but I'll take them both! I love you both and thank you for everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment