Tuesday, June 4, 2013

D.I. find

If you're lucky enough to have a D.I., Goodwill, or some other thrift shop, you'll understand my excitement of finding little treasures! I have always loved the "idea" of taking something, refinishing it and making it completely new. Like I said, the "idea". It's easy to have grand plans of making these old things new and envision the possible potential of said treasure. My problem is I'm not a visionary. I have a very hard time trying to see potential in something that looks awful to begin with.

That being said, I found my treasure that I want make new. I have visions and plans for how they will look and where they will be in my house. The problem: I don't know if my vision is possible.
I found two of these chairs for $10 each and I was over-the-moon excited! They were so comfortable too! I'm even a bit of a fan of the orange color, but unfortunately, until I'm able to paint my place the colors I want, the orange doesn't really work. 

I really want these to work with the vision that I have for them. I don't want this to turn into another project that I can't finish. I'm crossing my fingers, because honestly, these chairs are fantastic all looks aside!

No comments:

Post a Comment