Tuesday, June 25, 2013

2 Years

Almost 2 years to the day, Ethan and I met each other for the first time on a semi-blind date. Our story goes like this:

I had a friend from school named Scott. We were pretty good friends and he and Laura, my roommate at the time, denied it but were totally into each other. I didn't want to be a third wheel, so I told Scott to set me up with someone. He showed me some guys from his lacrosse team on Facebook, and this attractive guy came up on the screen. I told him to set up a group date with this guy.

We decided to go to dinner before the actual day of the date. We met at a pizza place in town. There was a hockey game playing on the TV, so I sat by Scott so I could watch. This guy and a couple of his roommates came in and I was pretty excited. The problem was that I must have given off the impression I wasn't interested, so by the end of the night, he didn't even know it was me that he was supposed to go on a date on.

The day came for the date and I was freaking out. I had to try and look cute and be cool and be flirty. It was a lot to take in. Scott, his date, and I went to pick him up my date from his apartment. We walked in and he was so good looking, and smelled good too. He finally realized who it was that he was supposed to be going on a date with and I think he was pleasantly surprised.

We had a decent sized group and we decided to play sardines. It's similar to hide and seek, but when you find them, you stay where you find them. We did it in pairs, so the last pair of people that haven't found the hiding spot lose.

When my date and I were the hiders, we were in the Spori building on campus (the building that I spent most of my 4 years of college.) I knew some rooms that most people wouldn't know and we hid there. We were in there for a good 30 minutes talking and enjoying each others company when we realized they were never going to find us. We eventually moved hiding spots and the finally found us.

We all went to ice cream and then over to Scott's aunt's house to watch a movie. He was totally trying to hold my hand the whole time but I resisted.

The night was unfortunately over and we had to take him home. We were sitting in the back seat and he hands me his phone. The screen was open to create a new contact. He gave me this little grin and asked for my number. I gave it to him but didn't get his. The night ended with a sweet hug and a "I'll call you."

It was amazing and the perfect story to what has become my life. Ethan and I started dating about a week later, and we haven't looked back since. It's been a great two years and I can't wait for many many more.
(This was our first picture together)

No comments:

Post a Comment