Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Project person

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Being out of the school life has kind of thrown me for a loop. I was having a conversation with a co-worker and I think I've realized what it is that made school fulfilling to me. I have realized that I'm a total projects person. I don't mean craft projects either. What I mean is that I like there to be a start and a finish with things that I do.

With school, there was the start and end of a semester that showed my results with a grade. With sports, there was a season with practices and games and the tournament wrapped up our season. I'm in this stage (which may or may not change as time goes on) where I don't really have projects. Yes, there are craft projects, but I don't necessarily have motivation behind any of those. In my job, I would feel so much more valuable if I had a project. I feel as though sometimes the days just drag on doing the daily activities. But, I'm not against those monotonous daily tasks, if there is a start and finish.

Looking into my future and possible future jobs, I have finally realized what it is that I need to have in order to feel accomplished and valuable. I graduated in advertising and while coming up with the creative would be fun, I'm not that creative. But, I would love to be a project manager for a company, or something along those lines.

I just hope that someday I get to do something I truly enjoy where I really feel valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment