Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dear Rexburg


*Prepost edit- Before I posted this, I completely forgot that I wrote a post about this same thing literally right before this. So I apologize in advance, but evidently you can see how much this is affecting me! Also, excuse the iphone photos, I didn't have my camera. 

You and I have had quite the run together. I came here 4 winters ago and you got me good. I wasn’t expecting your freezing cold to take the breath out of me the second I stepped outside. I learned your ways and soon we were decent friends again. That was, until I came back from Arizona and you decided to torture me again, this time knowing this time my blood was thinner than the last time we were together. Luckily you gave me a bit of a break and I acclimated back to you.

But yesterday and today you have made me want to leave you for good and never come back to visit you. Do you realize how cold -18 degrees are for a girl wearing a skirt? 
Oh you don’t? Let me inform you. I was bundled as much as I could be for church without looking like Randy from A Christmas Story (You know who I’m talking about. The little kid that’s bundled so much he can’t put his arms down!). I obviously had to wear a skirt but I wore my boots. I’m pretty sure I was on the verge of getting frostbite on my knees. Thanks.

Then today you decide not only are you going to freeze me out, but you’re also going to knock all of the power out of Rexburg and the surrounding towns. Don’t get me wrong, I loved being able to sleep in, so I thank you for that, but when I finally got into my office, it was so cold I could barely feel my fingers. Luckily I had to go to Staples in Idaho Falls to pick up some tax forms so I was able to get away from you. But not before I was saved by my amazing husband who brought me a space heater, and a stop at a little shop from heaven called Cocoa Bean. 
I decided I wasn’t going to let you take me out so I got myself a peppermint stick hot chocolate and was warmed from the inside out.

Like I said before, we’ve had some amazing times together, but you’re really getting to me and I don’t know how much longer we can do this. Get your temperatures up, or we’re over.

Sincerely,

The girl with the frozen fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment