Friday, January 25, 2013

College parents

I don't know about you, but it doesn't matter how many times I hear my parents or anyone's parents for that matter talk about college I can't envision it. It seems so far away and almost impossible that my parents were on the same campus I went to (although it has grown and changed drastically) more than 30 years ago.

For anyone that knows my parents, they're not really into divulging their past. It takes so much poking and prodding to get the smallest bit of information out of them. They can't remember or they don't know. Really? I highly doubt that your college years are that far out of your mind you can't remember. You're not that old.

Last night I got an inkling to go looking for my parents in the Rixida year books from Rick's College circa 1975/1976. Look at the pot of gold I struck!

May I introduce Sue Yule
1975
1976

The best part is she looks the exact same. My mom is/was beautiful. 

Curt Oxnam everyone!
1976

Lucky for him, he still has all of that hair with a slight decrease of shag. For some reason though, he only has one photo. I'm pretty sure he skipped the picture in 1975. He's never really liked pictures. 

Seeing these makes it a little more real that my parents really were just like me and it really is fun for me to see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment