Monday, January 28, 2013

Date night

Around these parts of town we try to go on dates regularly. It seems that every Friday we go with our friends Cameron and Hannah to a movie of some sort. We usually go to the cheap theater, sometimes we'll rent a movie and occasionally we'll go to the regular price theater (hardly ever).

This weekend was no different. We started off with a trip to Costa Vida and got a buy one get one free salad which was fantastic! We headed to the store quick to pick up some ice cream to take to Cam and Hannah's for dessert. We rented a clean version of The Campaign with Will Ferrell and called it a night.

Saturday we did absolutely nothing. I had a basketball meeting at 10:30 and Ethan had homework all day. I decided to try out the new show (not really new, but new to me) Downton Abbey. I'm in love. I finished the first season in one day. I told you, absolutely nothing. Ethan finished his homework around 8:00 pm or so and we wanted something to do. We decided we were going to go on a date by ourselves, which very rarely happens.

We decided to go cosmic bowling. On the way to the bowling alley, Ethan was trash talking saying how he was going to beat me... right. I started off the game and got a spare. He was next and got a gutter ball. The game continued in my favor.
He wanted to play one more game because he said it was a fluke and he needed to get warmed up first. He wanted to go two out of three. I suppose he just enjoys getting spanked in bowling because I came out victorious once again.
It was a closer game, but still. We decided that we should maybe start trying to play things where we can be on the same team to lower the competition between us but where's the fun in that?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Love that Oxnam competition!! That was one of the reasons why I married into this family. I love it!! (Well-love it-when I win)

    ReplyDelete