Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2012 Wrap Up

Since I wan't in the blogging sphere in 2012, (I was it was just on Tumblr), I thought it might be a good idea to recap what happened:
  • Ethan and I came back for winter semester at BYU-Idaho
  • Ethan's parents came and visited and took us, along with Ethan's brother Jared and his wife Shannon, snowmobiling in West Yellowstone
  • I played basketball for two semesters (Won the championship a second time)
(Poor picture quality. Sorry)
  • Ethan and I got engaged (after what seemed like the longest wait of my life!) on March 14th
  • Ethan left in April to sell security for Vivint for the semester (longest 4 months of my life!!)
  • My family had a reunion up in Rexburg, with a suprise visit from Ethan 
  • I finished up my final semester of college
  • Graduated on July 20th
  • Went through the temple for the first time July 21st
  • Started training for my job July 23rd
  • Got married on August 17th in the Salt Lake City temple
  • Had a reception in Payette and Charlotte
  • Went to the Dominican Republic for our week-long honeymoon
  • Came back to Rexburg for work/school
  • Ethan met my Grandma for the first time (She loves him. She is always commenting how good looking he is. Tell me something I don't know.) We also went to the Missoula Carousel which always brings back memories of my Grandma's. 
 (93 years old and funnier than ever! While we were there, my sister was asking how she met my grandpa. She said she was riding the bus back from Texas after finding out her husband had another woman. Ralph (my grandpa) happened to be on the same bus, and from the mouth of my grandma, he kissed her and her socks fell off!) I sure love her. 
  • Ethan and I both turned 23
  • Fall semester Ethan played lacrosse and his team had a great season 
  • We went to my house for Thanksgiving and had a small dinner with just my parents and us which was followed by a houseful of the whole family minus Kara and her family
  • Traveled down to Salt Lake with our friends Cameron and Hannah to see the Christmas temple lights
  • Spent a week at my house before traveling out to North Carolina for Christmas with Ethan's entire family (got my new Canon Rebel!) and then drove up to Washington DC for Ethan's sister's wedding (Congratulations again Mariah and Johnny!)
 Hello beautiful (I'm in love with that thing!)
 Isn't he attractive?
 In the 15 passenger bus driving to DC!
The Christus Statue at the DC visitors center
 At the wedding luncheon
At the reception in Charlotte
  • Flew back to Idaho on New Year's Eve to spend it with my parents, Derrick and Kim, and Cameron and Tiffany. 
Get her dad! 

I think that sums up our year fairly accurately. We're excited for a new year and everything that it'll bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment