Thursday, September 5, 2013

Texas hold 'em

When we were at Lake Powell, one of the boys brought a poker set. I've played here and there a couple times, but Ethan was usually there looking at my cards helping me out. Not this trip. I was going to learn it and play it by myself. We played it almost everyday, and I started to really get the hang of it. I even won a few rounds!

Once we got back home, we decided to buy a poker set. We never bet real money, so we didn't see it being any different than another other game. I had told my friend Leslie that we had bought it and she and her husband wanted to play. They had never played before and they wanted to learn. We took our set over there and play for hours. Literally hours. And like usual, we get tired of playing so long that we end up playing one last hand, all or nothing.

Since then we have played so many times I can't even keep count. Our last game was Monday evening. We went over there at 7:30. We put out some chips and salsa and played until our hearts were content, which was until 11:30. Seriously, we played for four hours. Well, Leslie and I made it until 11:30, the other three were out of the game. I finished off the game with me going all in and losing. I do have to say, it was the first time we had ever truly finished a game. I don't know if we'll make it a regular thing as far as playing that long, but we will definitely be playing more poker with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment