Monday, September 23, 2013

Something new, something blue

This past weekend was a little bit of a whirlwind for us. We have been looking for a new car recently because the car that I've had since high school is really starting to make us concerned. It does this thing where the RPM's just drop and the car dies. It doesn't matter if I'm stopped or if I'm in traffic. It's not terribly safe, but I can handle that. What makes me a little concerned is that Rexburg is starting to get a bit more wet and cold, which means ice. Right now, I can stop if I need to, on ice, I would literally lose all control of the car. A bit of a problem.

So, we started looking for a cars and trucks for Ethan's sake. I came across one while I was looking that was down in Idaho Falls. We were already headed down that way to do some grocery shopping, so we stopped by and checked it out. It was in really good shape, not too old and within our price range. We weren't going to make a decision that day, so we left.

When we got home, Ethan got online and started researching everything there was to research about it. We went back the next day, test drove it, and about an hour later we were driving off the lot with a truck.
Ethan is absolutely in love. As we were driving off, I was in our car and he was being me in the truck. I looked back in my rearview mirror. He was like a little kid on Christmas grinning from ear to ear. We're excited to have a truck and for all the things we can do with one. No longer will we have to strap chairs to the trunk of our car!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Mike is sure to be jealous! I like the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I bet Ethan just loves driving that down the road. So fun to get a new truck!!

    ReplyDelete