Friday, September 13, 2013

Orange Julius

Ever since I can remember, I've loved Orange Julius. It reminds me of my Grandma Yule. I remember one time we were visiting, she had taken me shopping for a pair of sandals and afterwards she asked if I wanted to go for a treat. Of course I obliged! She took me to Orange Julius and it's been love ever since. It's hard to find a really good copy cat recipe for one, but my brother either came up with this one, or found it, years ago and I think it tastes just like it!
I hadn't had one in quite a few years, when one day, I called up my mom and asked for the recipe. Since then, it has become a treat that Ethan and I absolutely love, especially after our workouts!
The recipe:
6 oz of frozen orange juice concentrate (I actually like mine a bit more orangey, so I use 12 oz)
1 C milk
1 C water
1/4-1/3 C sugar (I use the lower end of the sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
12 ice cubes (This is a preference, if you like it more smooth use less, if you like it thicker, use more)

Blend it all together and serve it in a cup and enjoy!

*Note, I always half the recipe and it fits perfectly in the largest Magic Bullet cup.

4 comments:

  1. oh man! I had forgotten all about these! I remember having them at your house all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I forgot how much I love them. We seriously have them quite often!

      Delete
  2. This is so yummy! My little girls have found their new favorite treat

    ReplyDelete