Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Basketball tryouts

Today was my last tryouts for competitive basketball here at BYU-Idaho. It's such a strange feeling. I have been playing here for the last five years! I have noticed that tryouts for me this time compared to previous times are quite a bit different. I am about five years older than the youngest girls out there, who are just coming out of high school and are in their prime. I am definitely not in that stage anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I can keep up with them and hold my own, but it's just such a different level of play. I used to be at that level, but sadly, I'm just not there anymore. I don't have the aggression or competitiveness I used to have. I don't have the desire to play super hard and physical anymore. I'm more worried about not getting hurt and just having fun! I'm sure during the season I'll probably step it up again and get my competitive itch back, but as of right now, I'm realizing why I enjoy pick-up ball so much. It's a bunch of friends that I've made that get together to have fun. It's not super intense, but it's intense enough to get a good workout out of it.

The draft is tonight, and I'm hoping that I get on a team that is more about playing together and having fun, while winning, not so much the ones that feel we're in a high school state basketball tournament. We shall see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment