Friday, September 13, 2013

Quiet town

Rexburg, the place we currently call home, is a small quiet town town. And even though the area is small, when all the students are here is becomes a lot more packed. There are approximately 14,000 students here at one time and it gets a little hectic.

BYU-Idaho's summer is 7 weeks long, and goes from the end of July to mid September. During that time I would say 90-90% of students leave. This was my first time ever actually being here during that time. I thought it would be super lame and boring, but in reality it was great! The lines weren't ever really that long movies, or grocery stores, and there was actually food at the store!

Like I said, mid September is when students get back, and guess what time it is? Today was considered move-in day for students, so the town was ALIVE! I thought I would be so excited for students to come back, some of our friends to come back and have people in Rexburg again, but today changed my perspective a bit.

For work, I had to take a couple of checks to deposit to our bank, which was one block away and then go to the post office. I'm not exaggerating when I say it took a good seven minutes to go one block. There were so many people. Granted, a lot of them were probably parents that will eventually leave, and their kids won't have cars, and I do work on the same road as Walmart, so that could be it too, but seriously.

It's definitely going to take some getting use to again, but it'll be good to have some life back into this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment