Friday, September 20, 2013

Company dinner

Wednesday night, we had our annual company dinner. Well, more like our first annual company dinner. I was in charge of getting everything together and finalized. We decided that my boss Bob's (my sister's father-in-law) house would be perfect. They have a great layout for entertaining and plenty of room.

We had the day set and I was making preparations for it. Then, an unexpected business trip came up and Bob was going to have to be gone the night of the party. After talking to everyone else, we decided the next time we were going to be able to do it, Bob would be back in Arizona, so we stayed with the original plan.

I've been at their home plenty of times and I feel fairly comfortable enough to be able to be in his house without them there, and that's what we did. We had a great turnout with 31 people. For the main dish we decided to go low key and just get some subs and had people bring desserts and side dishes.

It turned out great and people were continuously thanking me for hosting such a great party. I can't take all the credit though. I don't know if it would have run as smoothly without the beautiful setting of their home, but I'll take some credit I suppose. Another bonus of planning was being able to take home some of the extra food for leftovers the next day, which Ethan and I were both happy about.

I'm getting a little excited for the holiday seasons because I'm kind of in to the whole party hosting gig, and that's the perfect time for parties galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment