Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Everyone knows today is Valentine's. Anyone that knows me really well, knows that I think it's one of the lamest holidays ever. People always thought I was just bitter because I happened to not be dating anyone at the time, but really, I just think it's kind of a dumb holiday. The boxes of chocolate only have 3 good kinds, the flowers are expensive and die in a couple days, and poor Ethan, he hates picking out gifts. I do love that fact that Valentine's is about love and spending time with the person you enjoy most. What I don't enjoy is all the hooplah about how much to spend, what does he want, and will it get here on time (because you better believe I'm buying it off of Amazon Prime!)

For me, all I want is to go on a date with Ethan. Nothing big, just dinner at a restaurant (nothing too fancy or expensive), and you know what, if he happened to pick up a box of Sweethearts brand conversation hearts, that's good for me. 

Luckily, I married a guy that's also on the same page as me. We had a bit of an overboard great Christmas, so we both decided that we were going to have a low key Valentine's Day and I couldn't be happier. Maybe we'll come back from dinner, pop in a good movie, and spend the rest of the night at home. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment