Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The little things

I have come to the realization a few different times that my life is not grand. I didn't grow up in luxury or accomplish huge things. But that doesn't mean I haven't had a great life. More and more I come to realize how much I appreciate the small things in my life. I married an amazing man, I have a job that supports us and then some, I graduated college in the top 10% of my class, and I'm able to still play basketball. These all seem like menial things to some, but these are the types of things that have helped me develop into the person I am.

I've also realized how much I appreciate the small things other people do for me.like I said here, our house was a disaster. I came home from work and I was going to get through dinner and then tackle the house. Much to my surprise, Ethan had gotten home a little bit before me and had already started by taking out all of the trash. I couldn't help but smile knowing that I know that it was probably the last thing he wanted to do after being in school and doing homework all day, but he knew it would make me happy.

We got done with dinner and it was down to business. Ethan had a few things for school he had to get done and I started on the kitchen. He got done with his homework, came in to the kitchen and asked what he could do. He went upstairs to work on the bathroom while I finished the kitchen. I got done and went upstairs. That bathroom was sparkling! He was scrubbing that place like crazy and it looked awesome.

Those are the things that I appreciate. I don't need to be rich with money because my life is rich with the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment