Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Hickory

In November, a new restaurant came to Rexburg called The Hickory. I had never head of it until this semester. Our elder's quorum president works there and told us to check it out. Last Thursday we went on a date and decided we'd hit up The Hickory.

When we got in there, the first thing I noticed was its tables. (We've been look for a nice table for a while now. I don't always just look at tables in restaurants.)  They were a dark wood and had been distressed ever so slightly, and the chairs that went with it were fantastic! I want to find out who its distributor is.

We were seated and given out menus. It was more of a BBQ place, which I enjoy, but I was really hoping for a teriyaki chicken sandwich. No go on the teriyaki. My next option was the grilled chicken on sourdough. It sounded good so that's what I got, and it true Ethan form he got the 2nd biggest burger it had, (comparable to the 1lb burger at Big Judd's). Not only was "the big belly buster" burger a 1 lb burger, but it also came with a crate of fries. When I heard crate I figured it was a decent amount of fries, but it was almost disgusting how many fries came with that thing! (Terrible lighting, especially because of the iPhone.)


My entire meal came in a crate half the size of what those fries came in. Although, considering how many we got, they were actually pretty good fries.


Overall the food was really good, but I think next time I'll skip them buttering up the sourdough (it made it pretty greasy. Good thing for the grilled chicken right?) Ethan devoured his burger pretty well, but after eating so many fries, he was a few bites short of finishing it all. We also had an entire box of fries to take home still! It was a good date with pretty good food. Another eatery to add to our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment