Monday, February 11, 2013

Be an example

The other day I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was talking about how she was visiting my brother and his family. They were watching The Toothfairy 2, and my niece Lexi noticed the wedding dress the girl was evidently wearing. This was a quote (or as closely as I can quote it) from her:

Lexi- That dress is so pretty. But you know what would make it better? If it was like Kaytlin's wedding dress.

How sweet is that? Love that girl. It got me thinking about how much of an impression we make on those around us, even when we don't know. I always looked up to my aunts and cousins growing up, I don't know why I never thought that I would be in that position with my own nieces. I hope that even though it never crossed my mind, I have been a good example. I hope they they can always look up to me as someone they aspire to be like.

It was a good little reminder that people are always watching, especially little eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment