Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Writing to write

Sometimes I feel like I am purely writing to write. I have no idea who reads this or, for that matter, if anyone really reads this. I got to thinking about all of the bloggers out there and especially the ones that I read daily. When they don't post everyday I feel like I'm missing out (sounds stalker-ish, but most definitely is not).

When I read other blogs, I think to myself, "We would totally be friends" or "I wish I was as strong as her." I then think to myself, "Does my writing affect anyone?" Am I changing anyone for good (Wicked anyone?) I know for certain that there are blogs I read that make me feel like I'm doing something right, or help me realize when I'm not living up to my potential.

I'm sure anyone who reads this is probably a member of my family or random people who stumble upon it for one reason or another and I'm ok with that. Because one thing I realized is that, in all reality, this blog is for me. This is my journal. This is what my children, and my children's children will read (I plan on making a yearly book of my blog. Thanks for the idea Kara!)

That's why I write. That's why, most days, I'm just writing to write. I want my family to know who I was, what I did, who I loved and even the normal everyday things in my life. I have realized what seems like small and uninteresting, to others, tell so many stories. I love that.

This blog is my journal. And as mundane as it may be, it's mine.

3 comments:

  1. I read it! (; And I feel exactly the same way about my blog. For the record, though, you're a really good writer and I enjoy reading your posts (non-stalker-like).
    Good to see you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it too! Since we don’t know each other I guess I’m more of the ‘stalker’ variety (but hopefully not too stalker-ish!). I discovered your blog from first reading 71 toes, and then through your sister Kara’s family blog – does this almost make me a ‘family stalker’?! I remember seeing photos of you wedding dress and thinking how gorgeous it was and then began reading. I’ve never commented on a stranger’s blog before but I read this post and thought “your blog is the one which I think ‘we would be friends!!’” and some of the things you write about make me think we are very similar.
    So you don’t feel super weird getting a comment from a stranger, some info about me…I’m a 28yo girl, live in Adelaide Australia, in love with my boy Luke (hope to be engaged sometime soon!!) and also in love with my puppy Eriksen. Although I’m not Mormon, I enjoy reading family blogs as I really believe in the importance of healthy living, family, and being the best person you can be. I also enjoy reading the general conference talks – they are often so positive and uplifting! When Luke and I marry I hope to start my own family blog to keep as a piece of our family history.
    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan,

      Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm so glad that you feel that way! Like I said, I'm writing this for my own purpose, but it's nice to know someone else is out there. If you have any questions about our religion or just want to talk, I would be more than happy to help!

      Thanks again for your comment!

      Delete