Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to school

While we were on our trip to Lake Powell, I had some amazing conversations with Brennan. We talked about how she had a business idea that she was really wanting start pushing forward. She had so many ideas and it was so fun to see her so excited. 

One night, while everyone was asleep we stayed up and talked under the amazing sky. We talked about dreams and aspirations, fears and disappointments. We talked about everything. I mentioned to her how much I really wanted to get into design because it's something I enjoy playing around with. I loved my classes I took at school and I've since done a couple things, but I opened up about why I haven't pursued it. 

I don't want people to think I'm just another person who bought the programs and told myself I was a designer and I don't have the confidence to really put my name out there on my work. I would say my work is average, maybe decent. 

That's why I want to go back to school. I don't plan on doing a complete bachelor degree, I just want to take a few classes that I feel will give me the confidence boost and a bit more know-how to really try and do something for myself. I sit at a job that I don't feel very valuable and then I go home and work on different designs I like and feel proud of myself. 

I'm hoping that everything will work out and that classes will be available if I do, in fact, pursue this goal of mine. I'm just ready to start doing something I really enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment