Monday, August 12, 2013

Kicking off our first anniversary!

With this Saturday marking our first anniversary, I've decided to do a week of posts to celebrate. I filled out a questionnaire I found on another blog to start off the week!

How long have you been together?
We've been together a little over two years. Dated for a little over a year, and this week we will have been married one year. 

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Not long at all. We went on a semi-blind date (see next question) and about a week later we decided to start dating. 

Where did you meet?
So here's the story. I had seen him before because he was on my friend Scott's lacrosse team. I wanted him to set me up on a date with him. We decided to meet up casually before the actual date to meet. We, my roommates, Scott, Ethan and a few of his roommates and I, met up at a pizza place in town. I was sitting by Scott to watch the hockey game that was on, and everyone else chose their seats. Evidently, by the end of the night, Ethan had no idea who he was supposed to take out. The night of the date came and we walk into his apartment. I think he was pleasantly surprised it was me. So technically we met at the pizza place, but it was basically a blind date for him, so he met me on our date. 

Did you go to the same school?
We did. BYU-Idaho!

Who is the most sensitive?
I definitely am, but he has his sensitive moments. 

What about pets?
No animals.. possibly ever. 

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We love Costa Vida, Panda Express and a little place in Rexburg called The Hickory that's pretty dang good. He loves that I'm a cheap eater. 

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Domincan Republic for our honeymoon. 


Who has the craziest exes?
Technically I probably do, but we've never met each other's exes or had problems with any of them. 

Who has the worst temper?
This one makes me laugh. I would have to say me, but he can have a hot temper too sometimes. 

Who does the cooking?
If it wasn't for him, I probably would never cook. But because for some weird reason, he likes cooked meals so I tend to cook for him, but he helps out quite a bit. 

Who is more social?
This one is a hard one. I think we'd be more social if we had more friends. But I would say we're equally social or possibly equally unsocial. 

Who is the neat freak?
I have my days, but neither one of us for the most part. 

Who is the most stubborn?
Both. Neither one of us likes to back down. 

Who hogs the bed?
I don't think he hogs it, I just tend to take up less space because I curl up in a ball on the edge of my side. But I'm sure if I wanted more space, he'd be more than willing to give up some.

Who wakes up earlier?
Depends on the day, but for the most part I do. However, when school starts up this fall, he will be. 

Where was your first date?
It was up on campus on June 11th 2011. We played Sardines in the Romney and the Spori building. We got dessert at Coldstone and then we went to Scott's aunt's house for a movie. 

How long did it take to get serious?
Not long at all. I knew I was going to date him after the first date. And after a few weeks I knew I was going to marry him. It took him a little bit more time and convincing, but he couldn't resist this. 

Who eats more?
Him, easily. 

Who does the laundry?
We do our own. I like it that way. Although, if I ever stay home during the day, I'll probably be the one to do it. 

Who drives when you are together?
Usually him, but sometimes he doesn't want to get his wallet upstairs when mine is already in my purse I'm taking. 

Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
Am I ever wrong? I suppose I am. We're pretty even, but it may take us a while because we're both pretty stubborn. 

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
Him, and I like it that way. But that doesn't mean he's dominant. We make decisions together. 

Who eats more sweets?
Considering I don't really do sweets, definitely him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment