Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lake Powell Part One

Last week we had the opportunity to go with my best friend Brennan and her family down to Lake Powell on their houseboat for their yearly trip down there. We were beyond excited that they invited us and we were anxious the whole time before the trip.

We left Friday night after work and drove down to her parents house where we were all staying since we had to wake up early to get there at our check in time on the boat. There is a lot of work that goes into planning a trip like that and we were so grateful for her parents putting it all together. They were so amazing to let us come with them at the small price of doing a couple meals and paying our way down. We ended up driving down with Brennan and Austin and little Lainey so it would cut down on each of our gas price and we loved driving down with them.
Is she not one of the cutest little things you've ever seen? I'm in love with this little girl. 
After a few stops and about a 9 hour drive we made it to the Wahweap Marina near Page, AZ where we put in. I had never been on a houseboat so I had no idea what to expect. We loaded all of our stuff onto the boat and were on the search for a beach to anchor our boat at. It took us a good 3-4 hours to find the place. There were boats all over the place and most of the good places were taken. We finally found our spot and the boat anchored.
The sun started to set and I knew that I was in for one of the most amazing trips. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking and the company was amazing. We decided to get some sunset pictures. Brennan's little sister is a dancer and so I had her do a few shots for me. I love how it turned out.
We ended the night sleeping on the top of the houseboat with some of the clearest skies I've ever seen. I had no doubt it was going to be an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment