Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The hardest thing

I occasionally will get the question of, "What's been the hardest thing about being married?" I can honestly say that, thankfully, we haven't had some of the struggles that many newly married couples struggle with such money, but that's not to say there haven't been struggles.

I would have to say one of our biggest struggles is our communication. For as long as I can remember, I was one of those people that if I was upset, I would hold those feelings in as long as I could before they exploded. I didn't want to talk to anyone about them, and I wanted whoever it was to stay out of my way. I can't speak for Ethan, but I'm pretty sure he was never one to really get mad at someone. He hates confrontation and contention, and I tend to be the one that brings it in. Not that I like it, but it's not super uncomfortable to me either.

But, I do feel like we're getting better at understanding each other and better at communicating how we feel with less negative outcomes. We both know marriage will never be easy per se, but I think the more you get a grasp of who you are in your marriage, things come a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment