Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dear Mom

You left yesterday and I held it in pretty well (Ethan has seen enough of my goodbye meltdowns with you), but it always breaks my heart when you have to leave. This time was especially hard. I loved being able to spend uninterrupted time with you (well slightly interrupted, but I suppose Nixon is a cute distraction). I know we didn't do anything extravagant or even that entertaining, but I was ok with that–hopefully you were too. I loved being able to sit at home and not worry about anything other than just hanging out with you. And as much as I love Ethan, it was kind of fun having a girls week alone with you while he was out out town.

I loved watching you with Nixon and to see how much you love him. I'm definitely still learning, and will be for many years to come, but luckily I have an amazing example to look up to. You are truly an amazing mother and grandma.

I love you more than I could ever express, and I'm so thankful you came to help me with this new addition to my life. It seems like the older I get, the more I need you, and I'm sure that want and need will only get stronger as the years pass. Thank you for everything!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment