Monday, July 1, 2013

Counting our blessings

I wrote back here and here about how we were in the process of looking for a different place here in Rexburg. After much frustration and also humbling myself, I started to like our ward and didn't want to leave. That made looking for a new home a bit more difficult, because we got a pretty good deal on our place and we didn't want to pay much more than what we were  paying.

I was searching online every. single. day. on Craigslist hoping someone, somewhere would have a place for us. I had asked a couple people in the ward to keep their ears open for us and let us know if anything came available. Prayers were answered.

There was a new couple that moved into our ward this semester. I had talked to her a few times and she seemed like a cool girl. I told her about our situation and she said she'd keep a look out for us. One day I get a text from her out of the blue asking if we were still looking. I told her yes, and she asked if we wanted to take over their place. They had originally planned on staying for a job here in Rexburg, but they decided to go a different route. She asked her landlord if they would mind if she found someone to replace them. They were happy about that and thankfully trusted their judgement on finding someone.

A week later we went through the house and I fell in love. Hard wood floors in the kitchen, flat top stove (so much easier to clean than a gas stove!) and his and her closets in the master bed. Heaven I tell you!!

I knew rent was going to be about $15 more a month, but it was worth it to us. I texted the landlord and told her we were very interested. However, I asked if she would be willing to match the rent we were paying already. She asked her husband and asked when we'd move in. We told her as soon as the other family was out we'd be ready to move in.

Right in the middle of texting her, I got a call from Ethan telling me that the Realtor for our place called and told us they had someone coming to look and they were pretty anxious. I was a little bit frustrated because I had just been home and could have picked up a bit, but Ethan said he could pick up real quick and they would be gone before I got home from work.

We got off the phone and I had a text message saying that as long as we moved in right after they left (pretty soon after graduation on the 23rd of July) they would match our rent. I was ecstatic! We were definitely getting a better deal for our money.

This could not be happening any more perfect, especially for timing. We're sure counting our blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment