Monday, July 29, 2013

Another D.I. Find

I talked back here about the amazing find from D.I. that I had bought.  I'm still in love with them, but they're not quite ready to be seen by the general public visiting my house, so they have been upstairs in our guest bedroom/office.

A girl that I worked with and I decided to head over to D.I. and see if there was anything purchase worthy. Other than those orange chairs, I really have never found any furniture that I love enough to actually purchase it. This day was different. We headed straight back to the furniture section and the moment it caught my eye I was in love. I found the perfect chair to put in our living room. It was a neutral gray/white weaved upholstery and it was so comfy! It's one of those chairs that you can just curl up in a ball and read, sleep, watch movies alone, etc. It was perfect.
Other than a few little spots that needed to be cleaned up a bit, and a nice cleaning in general, there was nothing I had to do. No upholstering, no slip covers. I can handle cleaning! I had the Fusion and I knew it wasn't going to fit in there so I texted my very gracious husband to come pick it up for me. I then got a text say, "Nothing is impossible" with this picture attached.
Isn't he fantastic? Honestly though, the best part about this chair was that it was $6.00. Let me repeat, $6.00. It was originally $8.00 (a little steep for my taste.. totally joking), but when the girl rang me up, I didn't realize she had charged me $10.00. When Ethan went to pick it up, he asked them about it and they gave us a $2.00 discount because he was so patient. I guess the movie Rigoletto (please tell me I'm not the only one who knows what movie I'm talking about) was right, patience is a virtue.

I think the fact that it was so cheap was my favorite thing about it. I can't wait to get it cleaned up and move it into our new place this week!

1 comment:

  1. Rigoletto! First time I ever saw that movie was at your house!

    ReplyDelete