Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Still got it

Today at work was, what you would call, awkward. There is a new tenant in the building that I work in. I have seen him and his co workers around but I have never talked to any of them. I was coming upstairs from talking to one of the students that works for us when I see the new tenant coming in the front door. Here's a recap of the conversation we had:

New tenant: Hey, you work in the building right?

Me: Yes, I do. 

New tenant: (Gives me the up/down look) Are you married?

Me: Yes. 

New tenant: Oh. (Walks away)

What the what? I just walked away and went back to my office. A couple of the guys from the E Center (another business that we work closely with) come into my office and say, "Did that guy really just say what we think he said?" Yes, yes he did.

It was completely awkward and I'm so glad that we get to see each other at work and I get to relive the awkwardness in my head. I mean the least he could do was play it off and and say something else like, "Oh, do you know of any good married housing around?" Something! I guess a positive from this whole experience is that I still got it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. You're just married - not old. I'm sure there will be many more "hits" coming at you in the future. Still a bit of a self esteem lifter, eh?!

    ReplyDelete