Friday, July 26, 2013

Hard things

We all have to go through hard things. It's inevitable. Some may have harder things, but in all reality it's all hard to us. Sometimes we have unexpected things come up that we don't know how to handle. We struggle through them because that's what we're supposed to do, right?

I can honestly say there are somethings that I just want to walk away from. Why go through the struggle? I always hear the saying, "God never said it would be easy, just that it would be worth it." He didn't say that. At least not those words. It was at the point where I just kept asking why is this happening to me? What did I do to have this happen?

I was preparing for a talk in church when I came across this:

"When you face adversity, you can be led to ask many questions. Some serve a useful purpose; others do not. To ask, Why does this have to happen to me? Why do I have to suffer this, now? What have I done to cause this? will lead you into blind alleys. It really does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition to the will of God. Rather ask, What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial? Willing sacrifice of deeply held personal desires in favor of the will of God is very hard to do. Yet, when you pray with real conviction, “Please let me know Thy will” and “May Thy will be done,” you are in the strongest position to receive the maximum help from your loving Father." - Richard G. Scott

Slap in the face? Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment