Saturday, October 18, 2014

Louisiana trip- Part 5

Monday was the day that all of us were trying to avoid. It was the day we had to say goodbye. I had uploaded the pictures from Sunday to my laptop so I could see them on a bigger screen. My heart sunk to my stomach when I realized that 90% of the pictures I had taken were blurry. I had my camera set on a low f-stop because I'm usually taking pictures of only one or two people.

Needless to say, I was NOT going to leave without getting more pictures! So, we set up shop in their front yard and took some more!
I would say one of my favorite things about this entire trip was to see the love that these two had for each other. I can't even count how many times Archie would learn over to Loretta and say (with his adorable souther accent), "I love you baby!" Without fail, Loretta would say back, "I love you too." The best was when she would add to that, "But I'm not sure why." That is the kind of love I hope to have when we're 80 years old. 
Five generations
Ethan was also able to spend some time with his grandpa in the infamous shop that I've heard all about.

His grandpa always said, having the right tool makes any job easier. I have a feeling no job was too hard based on the amount of tools he had! He was also able to help his grandpa cut and weld a basket for the freezer back together. I have no doubt that both of them enjoyed working together on that little project.
As we were saying our last goodbyes before we got in the car for the airport, I had to get one last picture.
Louisiana was good to us. Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip. You got some really great shots. You are going to love having those years down the road!

    ReplyDelete