Thursday, October 16, 2014

Louisiana trip- Part 3

Saturday evening, after we had gotten home from the parade, Sarah, SO generously, watched Nixon so we could have a date night. We haven't had a "date" with just us since before he was born.

We didn't have my camera (even though we totally should have brought it), because we went down to Lousiana Boardwalk. They had tons of outlet shops there, and it had a beautiful view of the Red River. We went down to the river and walked on the path along for a while. We then headed up to the shops where we got a few things from Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Outlet. I forgot how much I love outlet shops!

We then decided to go to a little place for dinner called Crawdaddy's. It was true Cajun food, which I've never had, so we thought why not? Ethan grew up eating this kind of stuff when he would visit his grandparents, so I was a little more skeptical. It also didn't help when I started looking at the menu:
Frog legs, alligator, shrimp and crab--not something I ever have thought or wanted to eat. But, I decided to be brave and we got the fried alligator appetizer. And you know what? I liked it!! Me!
The only way I can describe it is this--it tastes like chicken but with the texture of a well done steak. It was actually really good. I decided to go a little less adventurous with my main course and got a nice cheeseburger, and Ethan got the crawfish half & half. It was half fried crawfish tails and half crawfish étouffée, which is essentially non-fried crawfish tails in a cream sauce. Ethan talked me into trying the fried tails and they were pretty good, but I couldn't bring myself to try the other kind. I have a thing with texture, and it just didn't look too texture friendly, so I passed. I was pretty dang proud of myself, though, for being so adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment