Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy birthday to me!

This is definitely a few weeks late, but I couldn't miss writing about my birthday! I mean, I am now 25!

It started off the night before my birthday. Ethan was going to be gone for most of the day so he wanted to give me my gift early. I may or may not have had a good idea of what it was, but I wasn't going to spoil it for him. I opened my gift as we sat around the fire pit. The first gift was a photography book that I've been wanting, to help me get better at taking pictures. The second gift was one that I just knew! We will be going to an amazing show-Wicked! Have I already been twice? Yes. Do I really want to see it again? Absolutely!! He knows me all too well!

On the actual day of my birthday, I spent time to talking to people on the phone, cleaning the house, and doing the every day things that I do. Ethan gave me a call and said to be ready to go out to dinner at 7:00pm. He wouldn't tell me where, but I'm fairly easy when it comes to food. I got ready and even put a little more make-up on than usual. I felt great and I was excited to eat! We went to this small little Italian restaurant called Tutto Fresco. It was absolutely delicious! They had this amazing bread, with oil for dipping of course, and it was so soft and warm. Yum. We decided to pass on dessert, but ended up going to Target and getting ice cream. It was nice to get out, dress up and go on a little date with my little family. We came home, got Nixon to bed, and spent some time cuddled up on the couch watching a little Chopped and then called it a night.

The next day, Saturday, we decided to celebrate with a little bit of a party. There's a group of about 14 young couples in this area that we've done a few things with and we thought it would be fun to get together for my birthday. It was nothing too exciting, we roasted some S'mores around the fire and I had made some delicious brownies (people loved them). We had planned on playing a few games, but we ended up just hanging out around the fire and talking for a couple hours. It was nice to have a couple Pack N' Plays and enough rooms to house the 4 little sleeping children, while the parents were all downstairs.

It was a fantastic weekend (with no pictures unfortunately), and the perfect way to celebrate the big 25! I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment