Friday, January 31, 2014

Pregnancy woes

I will be the first one to admit that I have had an extremely easy pregnancy thus far. I was never sick, didn't have any weird symptoms, and was able to wear my own clothes up until the last few weeks.

With that being said, that doesn't mean that I don't still struggle. This whole thing has really taken an emotional toll on me. I can't count how many times I've had to vent to Ethan or called my mom in tears because I'm struggling with one thing or another. I feel so bad because I know they're tired or hearing about it, but there's no way I could keep it in or I would have a complete breakdown.. not pretty.

I just keep telling myself I only have three months left, and then I think to myself, "It only gets more stressful after he's actually out and can cry amongst other things. Of course I'll love him and it'll all be worth it, but it's going to get harder." The inner dialogue I go through on a daily basis is ridiculous.

It's so funny because all of the things I thought I would struggle with are coming to a peak. I can't count how many times I was told not to worry about those things because when I was pregnant and growing a baby, it would be nothing like what I was envisioning because pregnancy is beautiful, amazing, etc. Well I can now attest that I was in fact completely correct in what I assumed I would struggle with.

Maybe that's why I have avoided reading any books or magazines about being pregnant and what I should be experiencing. It's because I know what I struggle with outside of being pregnant, which means for me, that those things would only be heightened during pregnancy. I don't need someone telling me what I will and won't be feeling.

Like I said before, I really have, physically, had an easy pregnancy. But just some food for thought; just because someone isn't showing that they're struggling, doesn't mean they're not having a hard time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment