Monday, November 4, 2013

Solving the mystery

For the longest time I have had wondered if I had hypothyroidism, or low thyroid. My mom had it growing up and she would tell me the different symptoms of low thyroid. For the longest time I swore that I had to have it because I felt like I was a walking textbook answer of someone with low thyroid. Some of the symptoms are:
  • Feeling tired, weak, or depressed- Check
  • Not being able to stand the cold- Check
  • Heavy or irregular menstrual periods- Check
I had some blood work done the other day and I asked them to look closely to see if I had low thyroid. Lo and behold I get a call today telling me they're calling in a prescription for it. I almost wanted to give a little, "I told you so," because I've thought for so long that I had this. It's not super normal for someone to be able to take a nap for 4-5 hours in the middle of the day and still sleep like I haven't slept for days at night. It's also not normal for someone to be cold in an office set to 78 degrees, and yet I did.

As happy and thankful as I am to finally have this discovered, it's also a pain because this isn't something that just goes away. You have it basically your whole life. Luckily, the prescription is cheap! Here's to hoping it will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment